Want to join our expanding team? Look no further…
Pinnacle Performance are recruiting a part-time Strength and Conditioning (S&C) / Fitness Coach (required role of 20+ hours per week).
With the expansion of Pinnacle Performance across Southeast Asia, Pinnacle Performance gym in Hong Kong are recruiting an ambitious, knowledgeable and experienced part-time coach to join their staff in their flagship facility.
Currently providing the complete athletic preparation for multiple Hong Kong national sports squads, regional and age group teams, youth athletes, client members and other training populations, the successful applicant will be responsible for the prescription and delivery of training interventions to a wide range of individuals. As part of Pinnacle’s complete fitness service provisions, and along with support and appropriate programme provision to competitive athletes and teams, the successful applicant will be exposed to a considerable number of sporting enthusiasts and must demonstrate excellence and knowledge for all.
The successful applicant will be included within the Pinnacle Coaching Development Pathway (CDP), including certifications and an individual continuous personal development budget as agreed with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. The coach will be expected to work some unsociable hours, notably rotational weekend shifts, mornings and evenings.
Pinnacle supports the financial growth of all employed coaches and the successful applicant will be allowed an allocation of contracted hours to perform individual personal training services in and outside of contract hours.
The coach will deliver specific athletic interventions to a variety of members, athletes and teams and notably deliver training sessions to current Hong Kong international squads and athletes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- deliver up to date and scientifically accurate training provision both on and off site to athletes;
- support the multidisciplinary team (MDT) of Pinnacle coaches and Physiotherapists in the comprehensive athletic development of individual members and athletes;
- where appropriate prescribe and deliver content for daily Group Development Sessions (GDS);
- lead the complete athletic development of any competing athletes and / or teams including regular feedback to both the S&C Coach and any relevant sports coaches;
- support the Head S&C coach and other S&C coaches in the programming and prescription of athlete and member development programmes;
- ensure full safety of all training within the gym and during delivery of any off-site supervision;
Wage: – competitive hourly wage based on experience.
1. QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- More than 3 years experience within sport and fitness;
- A fitness industry recognised qualification such as NASM, Premier Training or other;
- Hong Kong employment VISA or permanent residency;
- Ability to work Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or related area specialising in the area of physical preparation;
- Level 2+ recognised qualification in Strength and Conditioning, or training for performance populations;
- United Kingdom Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) accreditation or ability to attain within a year and/or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) accreditation or ability to attain within 6 months.
- Experience in the delivery of group training and workshops for the general public;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Experience of planning, implementing, and regular monitoring of an intervention delivered fitness programme;
- Comprehensive understanding of different modes of testing and profiling for both general public and sport specific programmes.
- Experience working with competitive athletes and enthusiasts;
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary fitness and medicine support staff;
- Experience in the accountability of fitness provision to improve performance.
- An understanding of training considerations and fitness goals within a gym environment;
- Excellent anatomical knowledge with the ability to apply this to a gym environment.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to implement innovative ideas and influence athlete and coach support programmes;
- Ability to supervise testing protocols;
- Ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands and workloads;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and deliver coaching to a wide range of clients.
5. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Ability to work irregular and unsocial hours involving work outside normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and bank holidays;
- Ability to travel within the region and possibly globally with athletes and teams, including overnight stays;
- This role may involve training, supervising, working with and/or being in sole charge of children and young people.
Application and Interview Process:
All application resumés/CVs must be sent together with a covering letter for the attention of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to [email protected] by 12.00pm Friday 18th September. Please include your current and expected hourly wage / salary.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 21st September with practical assessments (if applicable) within the same week. Phone/video interviews can be arranged for that week if the person is unavailable or overseas.
The successful applicant will be invited to start work on Monday 28th September 2015 depending on existing commitments. Initially the successful applicant must be available to work Tuesday and Thursday evenings and other agreed hours to shadow the facility Lead S&C coach.
You will only be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. Unsuccessful applications will not be contacted or receive feedback.